Your Ultimate Guide to the Fit Body App
You’ve made the decision to download the Fit Body app — congrats girl! We love that you took this important step in living your best, empowered and confident life.
If you’re just getting started, it may be a little overwhelming to know where to begin - this app has so many amazing features that will help you achieve your goals! That’s why we wanted to create this comprehensive guide on how to get the most out of the app to help you achieve the best results.
How to Use the Fit Body App
1. How Fit Body Works
2. The First Time You Log Into The App
3. Which Workout Should You Choose?
4. How to Use The Food Tracker and Recipe Section
5. How to Track Your Mental and Emotional Well-Being
6. How to Get Extra Support
7. How do I Connect With The Community?
As you get started, here are three key things we want you to know about the Fit Body experience:
1. There are 12 different workout programs in the app.
What you need to know:
- Each program has varying degrees of strength training and fat burning designed to get you results.
- All of the programs can be customized to your fitness level (beginner, intermediate or advanced).
- You can choose from programs you do at home, at the gym, or a mix of both.
- If you aren’t sure which program is right for you, simply take the quiz (you will be prompted to take this quiz when you first log in!) to get our program recommendation just for you.
2. We make fueling your body and eating healthy easy
What you need to know:
- Fit Body makes your nutrition simple by including a macro calculator and meal tracker in the app.
- We don’t believe in a one size fits all solution. So, depending on your goals, the calculator will recommend your personalized calorie and macronutrient needs (protein, carbs and fats) to ensure you get the nutrients you need to fuel your goals!
- Not everyone is into seeing calories and macros, which is why we allow you to hide this info in the food tracker. Simply tap at the top of your daily caloric needs to collapse and hide those numbers.
- There are over 300 delicious recipes and 72 weeks (!!!) of meal plans to help you stay on track. Who said making healthy food choices was boring?!
- If you need any personalized help with nutrition, your membership comes with free consultations with the Fit Body Registered Dietitian. You can contact her at email@example.com.
3. If physical progress is your goal, progress photos are crucial!
What you need to know:
- We encourage you to ditch the scale and track your results with progress photos. The scale can’t tell you how much muscle you’re gaining versus how much fat you’ve lost Tracking how your clothes fit and the visible change in progress photos is the way to go!
- We recommend committing to one program for at least 12 weeks, which is about the time you need to see visible results.
- Take photos on day 1 and then again at weeks 4, 8, and 12.
- To see other inspiring transformations and stay motivated, lean into the community by using the #FBGCommunity and #fbggirls hashtags on Instagram, and click here to join our private Fit Body Facebook Group.
Alright, it’s go time! When you first log into the app, you’ll be prompted to take a three-question quiz. This will help you determine which workout program best suits your goals and lifestyle.
Begin by selecting your workout level, where you’ll mainly be working out, and your primary goal. The app will then provide you with some workout program recommendations but it’s up to you to make the final decision on which program you want to commit to. And don’t worry — if your goals change, you can easily choose a new workout program later on.
Once you’ve picked the perfect program for you, you’ll select “Start Program.” But also pay attention to the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen. This is how you’ll toggle through all the different sections of the app. From left to right, you’ll find your workouts, the food tracker and recipe section, On Demand videos, the calendar and journal, and the settings section.
If you took the quiz when first logging into the app, you’ll have been provided with workout program recommendations. If you’re still having a hard time choosing between them, here’s a deep dive into the 12 programs offered by our 4 Fit Body App trainers.
At the end of each workout within the 12 programs offered, you’ll notice there’s a bonus 5 minute cardio burn workout. Feel free to opt-in if you have a little extra in you!
You’ll notice that the app also has stand-alone On Demand workouts in addition to the above workout programs.The additional On Demand workouts are 10 to 30 minute follow-along videos that you can add in at any time to supplement your workouts. There are currently cardio, low impact, yoga flow, and postpartum classes available.
After downloading the app,the most important thing is getting your first workout done! It’s so exciting that in just 30 minutes — only 2% of your day — you’ll have smashed your first ever Fit Body workout. You’ve got this, let’s GO!
Nutrition is such a crucial aspect when it comes to hitting your fitness goals. That’s why we created the app with so many helpful nutrition features.
When you select the nutrition button in the app (look for the knife and fork!), you’ll be able to log your meals and snacks for the day. A calorie and macro tracker are also incorporated so you can easily keep track and make sure you’re eating a balanced diet.
If you feel daunted about what to cook and eat to hit your goals, we’ve got you. The Fit Body app has set meal plans you can follow in addition to over 300 recipes if you’d prefer to set your own meal plan.
The meal plans are ideal if you want a structured plan with pre-calculated portions according to your daily macronutrient and caloric needs. The meals can’t be edited or changed. It takes all of the guesswork out—no more scratching your head over what to make for dinner!
If you’d prefer to do your own thing, definitely take advantage of the recipes. Find inspiration on what to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack and filter recipes by your eating preference.
You can find recipes that are vegan, keto-friendly, dairy-free, gluten-free, and more. If a recipe catches your eye, you can favorite it and try it later. Perhaps even ask the Fit Body community for their favorite app recipes!
Once you choose a meal plan, or decide on a couple of recipes to make, a grocery list will auto populate for you as well!
Lastly, if you prefer to make your own recipes, the Food Tracker allows you to input individual ingredients and meals you eat throughout the day. The app will track all the macros and calories for you, so you’ll know exactly how much fuel you have left remaining to eat in the day!
Again, if you prefer not to see the numbers side when it comes to food, simply collapse the calorie and macros at the bottom of the food tracker and this will hide those numbers, as well as the macros for any food you enter throughout the day.
Taking care of your mental and emotional well-being is just as important as the physical. This is why we allow you to track your mood, your achievements, and have you reflect on your day in the wellness journal.
To access the Wellness Journal, look for the calendar icon (second to last icon on the bottom navigation!) and at the top, you will see Week, Month, and then Journal.
The workout calendar automatically records your workouts so you can look back at a glance and see how long each workout took you (compare this to future workouts to see how much stronger and faster you’re getting!) and overall, see all your hard work at a glance!
While the calendar takes note of your workouts, the journal will track how you feel and help you reflect on the day you’ve had. You can choose your daily mood, accomplishments, and any additional thoughts you want to share. This is also a great place to record the weights, reps and sets you do if you’re aiming for progressive overload.
You can also store and track your progress photos in the Fit Body app. Simply go to settings, click on the “Progress Photos” button, and add your photos.
If you need extra support, Fit Body has a few unique features you need to know about.
1. Exclusive access to a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a Physical Therapist (PT).
What you need to know:
- One consultation with an RD typically costs around $200, and $50-100 with a PT. With Fit Body, you get consultations included in your membership.
- Kylie Morse, our in-house Registered Dietitian, can discuss your nutrition needs, and our in-house Physical Therapist Dr. Amy Schultz can provide you with recommendations for injuries, workout modifications, and more.
2. Guidance videos from Anna Victoria.
What you need to know:
Anna has filmed tons of guidance videos regarding questions you may have about fitness, food, rehabilitation and self care. For example, the rehabilitation videos guide you through various stretches which can be done after each workout while the self care videos give you the emotional and mental strength to overcome obstacles.
Be sure to scroll through the archives, which can be found in the On Demand Guidance Video section of the app. Chances are, Anna may have already answered any questions you have!
3. A concierge service.
What you need to know:
When in doubt, feel free to contact our best-in-class Customer Experience Team. They’re available to answer any questions you have and they get rave reviews for the help they provide. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and please allow at least 24 hours for a reply. Their business hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm PST.
This is one of the best parts of Fit Body!! Ask any existing #fbggirl - they’ve met some of their closest friends in the community. Online friends are real life friends these days!
Our number one recommendation is to create an Instagram account that you can use to both document your journey and connect with other FBG girls. Put “FBG” in your username and use your bio to let others know which Fit Body program you’re doing. Find others by searching the #FBGCommunity and #fbggirls hashtags, and be sure to use them when you post too.
If Instagram isn’t your thing, you can always join our private Fit Body Facebook Group. You can ask questions, give others advice, and even find other local community members if you’re seeking a workout partner.
It’s also important that you know about our ambassador program! The app provides you with a personalized code you can share with friends and family (trust us, once they see how much you’ve been crushing it and how great you feel, they’ll want to join, too!) and they’ll get 25% off their first payment. And YOU get a $5 Visa gift card for every person you refer, and a $20 bonus for 20 successful referrals. If you want more information, find more details here.
We’re SO happy to have you as part of our community and we can’t wait to follow along your journey. Be sure to follow @fitbodyapp and each of our Fit Body trainers Anna, Brittany, Nicci and Martina on Instagram and tag us in your posts as well.
Enjoy your Fit Body journey and we can’t wait to see you crush it!